Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We have stuff again!

Not that any of it is out of boxes, but at least everything is in our possession again. The movers ended up getting here at 10am. They were extremely apologetic (obviously) but put me a little behind. I just had them leave everything in the basement in boxes except for the kitchen stuff and any tools. They brought those things upstairs. By the time they had all our stuff in the house it was 12:15pm and I needed to get moving on getting my car inspected and then on to the DMV for the new title and registration by 4:00pm. So I had them leave everything in boxes upstairs too. Turns out, the emissions place and the DMV is not too crowded on Wednesday afternoon. I got in and out of both places within a half hour or so each. That is unheard of out here! Michael spent all morning the Saturday that he went from 7am until 2pm if I remember correctly. And when I went to get my license at the same place, I got there when they opened at 10am and there was a line around the building already. It took me about an hour and a half in there that day. Going in the afternoon on a weekday seems to be the way to go. So, my car passed emissions but not the inspection. I need new windshield wipers, a new muffler holder thing (a piece of rubber that keeps the muffler from moving up and down), a new light on the side and new back brakes. All these things could be fixed fairly inexpensively, but I only have 15 days to do everything. So, we've started looking harder at getting a new vehicle really soon. We went and looked at Toyota Prius' and Honda Civic Hybrids tonight. I'll keep you posted about what we end up going with if anything at all.

As for the house, we haven't done anything with it today. I was busy running around today after having to inventory everything that came into our house and then had that phone interview and then once Mike got home we went to look at cars. And now it's almost 9pm and we are about to watch the last debate...although I don't know why. They say the same things at each one and we both know who we are voting for.

I'm exhausted today and can't wait to fall asleep. Maybe I'll fall asleep during the debate again like the first one.

2 comments:

Chris Lightner said...

I heard there is a waitlist for the Prius; perhaps the Civic is a better choice. We're looking for a new car for sarah too as her car is requiring some somewhat expensive repairs.

Good luck on the moving stuff in; we're almost done here after a week. No pictures yet though, so you're ahead of the game.

Same deal at the Atlanta emissions and DMV; I went on a Tuesday morning - piece of cake!

Kristen said...

We've been looking at Prius' and Civics and we've found both are available out here. For a few months the Prius' were on a waiting list, but I guess the demand has decreased due to the economy and gas prices going down. So, right now I think we are just waiting for the right price. Mike wants to get $100 above invoice. Right now we are down to $500 below MSRP. I guess whichever company comes through witht the right price first will win.