Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Friday!

Which means it's just like every other day of the week for me except tomorrow I will have a husband that can sleep in past 7:30am too. Yesterday I went and got my car fixed. We had to replace the rear brakes, left exhaust hanger, windshield wipers and right side light. I also threw in an oil change since it was almost 3000 miles since the last one (and the last one was 1 year ago. Yes, I didn't even drive 3000 miles last year!) Then I went and officially passed my inspection. So I am now legal to drive in the state of Virginia. We got the deal that Mike wanted on a 2009 Prius, $100 over invoice, but we just don't have the money to pay another several hundred dollar bill every month. I'm just hoping my car lasts until we do have a little extra money. Soon my car will be 11 years old! I don't think any of my family has ever had a car that long. We are the family that gets a new vehicle every other year or so. Maybe by the time I start looking for a car again the 2010 Volt's will be on the market. I don't think I would ever drive on gas! And even if I let Mike drive that one, he could go to work and come back and still have more than half of the mileage before falling into using gas. I think that car would be the best way to go for our driving. Everything is so short distance!

So a house update. Last night Mike removed the trim wallpaper from our master bedroom and painted the ceiling white. It's my job today to spackle holes, tape the ceiling and paint the walls. Things are coming together!

Tonight we are going into the city to meet some of Mike's co-workers at a Tex-Mex place. I called and they don't use anything but water and salt to cook their rice and black beans so I think I'll actually be able to eat there. We'll probably drive over to the Springfield metro and take that into the city. I'm thinking parking would be difficult on a Friday night. It will take us a long time to get there on the metro, probably an hour I'm guessing, but when you take into account time looking for a parking space, I think we'll be making up for it. This will be the first time we've been to the city since we moved into this house. It will be a nice little break, but I'm not looking forward to walking around in 50 degree weather. I need to find the box with my wool coat in it and break it out for tonight. Even if I only walk from the metro to the restaurant, I still don't want to be freezing.

OK. That's my Friday October 24, 2008 update.

No comments: