Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Taping, priming, painting and painting...

That's what has been going on in the Wilcox Clark household for the past couple days. That kitchen is definitely the most time consuming room we've had to deal with. It took forever to clean out all the cabinets and drawers, we had to carve a piece of plywood to put underneath the stove and refrigerator so that they would roll into place since the last owners didn't pull them out when they tiled the floors, and then yesterday it took me from 4pm-9:30pm to tape up that room! It's been crazy! All the cabinets and light fixtures took FOREVER to tape around. Michael painted the ceiling in there last night and that took him several hours. Today I taped the ceilings so that I could prime the walls. I started at 10am. I wasn't done until 1:45p. Now I'm waiting the allotted 4 hours to begin painting with the actual color we are going to be using. Then we'll have to wait at least another 4 hours before putting on the final coat of paint. Tomorrow the movers are coming to deliver our stuff. They were supposed to come on Thursday, but have moved it up a day. This isn't a good thing. I was planning to have completed the kitchen so that they could at least unpack those boxes and have my kitchen usable again. But I don't think we'll have the final coat of paint done by tonight in order to have everything dried and appliances pushed back in place by the time they get here in the morning. That just means more stuff for us to unpack when we get everything together. We are already going to have them leave everything in the basement which means more work for us then it should. Oh well. I don't have a job so I guess by default unpacking boxes will become my job.

On another note, I was going to go to the DMV and register my car and get a new title today. My registration from NC expires tomorrow. We've been holding off getting this done because we were hoping to get a new vehicle for me by the time my registration was up. Still no new vehicle for me so we now have to register my old car. I've run out of time to get this done today, so now, after the movers leave tomorrow, I'll have to go...on the day it expires. Talk about procrastination. But this one was a planned procrastination. Most of them are not.

OK. Shower time for me. I have paint all over me...including in my hair. I'm sure I will go through this process again later on tonight. But tonight, instead of my hair being white, it will be light blue/green.

No comments: