Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OK...I guess it's time for more "before" pictures

So I just got back from getting my hair cut...again. It wasn't but probably 4 weeks ago that I had it cut the last time, but I was fairly unhappy with it so I tried another salon out here in Springfield. This guy David with Jon David Salon, knows what he was doing. He had 3 people getting haircuts at the same time. Of course he had his helpers, but I've never seen someone work on so many people at once. I like my hair so far. We'll see if I continue to like it when I have to fix it myself. That's always the test.

Alright, I'll post some more pictures that I took from the other day now while I'm waiting for this headache to go away. The picture to the left below is part of the "barnyard" basement. This is where we will be putting a wood burning stove, once we buy one. We are taking down all the brown wood pieces around. They are just for show. The picture on the right is also from the basement in the "bar" section. We will be knocking this down and replacing at some point.




Here's another picture of the basement from the front side (left). We plan to knock out this wall completely. Who needs two small closets in your family room? If you look through these front windows, you will see the "barnyard" in the back. The picture on the right is across from the closets in the left. All of the pictures above are part of the basement family room. As you can see, this part is on the first floor of our house. The house is built on a hill so you walk into the front door on the first floor but you walk out the back door on the second floor.

This is what you see when you walk into the front door. The floors are porcelain tile which is nice, but I hope to be able to take down this wall and closet as well to give a much more open feel. Currently, to the left is the family room, to the right is the downstairs spare bedroom and also the utility room is to the right.






Here's the downstairs spare bedroom. This will eventually be our guest bedroom. It is on the exact opposite side of the house from us. Once we finish renovating the downstairs bathroom, they will have their own little hideaway.









Here's the downstairs bathroom. It looks a lot better in this picture than it does in real life. When the water is turned on, everything leaks and the shower is disgusting. We are completely renovating this. The tile on the floor isn't too bad in here though. Right now, unusable.








Here's just a peek at our utility room. We've already replaced the washer and dryer with the washer and dryer we had back in Wilmington. This room is actually pretty big but who needs to see the rest of it. When you've seen one utility room, you've seen them all.





Here's a picture of the back of the house and the shed. We will be knocking that baby to the ground as well and putting a new one up on the top of the hill where it will be hidden. The picture to the right shows most of our backyard but not the area where we will be putting the new shed. It will be to the right.




Here's a picture of the side deck. There are so many decks/patio areas in the backyard! Underneath is where I park my car. We may eventually extend this and make it a one car garage. But that will be a plan many years from now...if we are still here.




I'll leave you with one more view of the front of the house. The things you didn't see include the two skylights (one above the staircase and one in the upstairs bathroom), the staircase and all of the backyard. You got glimpses of the "before" of everything else. I will take more pictures as the transformation occurs. As for me, I'm off to Tennessee tomorrow night, have my 10 year reunion on Saturday night, then off to Michigan next Wednesday morning. It's my Grandmother's 80th birthday on Tuesday!! Then back to Virginia on October 12th. I'm looking forward to getting away for a little while. The only thing I don't like is being away from my husband. But he'll be flying to those places on the weekends as well. So I guess it will only be 5 days away from him. But then he travels a lot when we get back so, I guess it's a never ending cycle. But I do miss him when we aren't together.

No comments: