Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday brunch

I just finished making our extravagant Sunday brunch of scrambled eggs with sharp cheddar, mozzarella and garlic and whole wheat toast. Yup. I spent all morning cooking on that one! Now I've just set up the Wii to wireless Internet and am waiting for it to update the system. I need to create my Mii. I haven't even played this thing yet since Michael set it up early last week. All we have is one controller and the sports game that comes with the system so it's not too interesting at the moment. But I think once this Internet finishes updating and we can buy games online, we may find some we like.

Dinner out on Friday night in DC was good. I ordered a platter of vegetarian food consisting of a cheese enchilada, chile rellenos and guacamole taco. I was so full I could only finish the chile rellenos and a couple bites of the other two. Everything was good though. I'd like to go back and try to finish all of the plate. We also had some margaritas which were yummy as well. Afterwards one of Mike's coworkers took us walking around the city near Dupont Circle and that was pretty boring. I guess he was trying to find someplace we'd like to go afterwards to hang out, but it ended up just being a tramp around DC in fairly cold weather. So, after an hour or so of that Mike and I said we were going back to find our car (we ended up driving after all) and it seemed that everyone was going to call it a night then as well. Not too much excitement to report.

Yesterday we spent the day listening to the rain outside, staying under heating blankets and watching the Food Network and HGTV. Nothing was accomplished on the house but Mike did go to Home Depot to get more paint and some other things. Today he is taping more trim and I'm going to finish our Master bedroom. Stuff needs to come out of our closet too so I can paint in there as well. Mike also suggested bringing up our bed from the basement and putting it in the living room for the time being. I think we can manage a few more days on the cots. Plus, last night I slept on the couch with Stumpey and Skye and it was quite comfortable.

No comments: