Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Miserable

The last two days I've been just miserable with horrible allergies. I didn't sleep all night on Sunday because I couldn't lay down without snot running down my throat or out my nose. So, I watched TV all night. Yesterday wasn't any better. We kept the windows open all day and it was cold outside so I was snuggled under a heating blanket all day long while trying not to allow snot to get on anything. I finally slept last night after taking some NyQuil. I think that may have been the first time in my life that I've ever taken that stuff. It tasted terrible. And I'm pretty certain it didn't make me fall asleep. Even a couple hours after taking it I was still awake. But I finally got to sleep, I'm pretty certain, on my own accord. I slept for about 12 hours. I woke up and probably could have slept longer but felt it was about time to get up and see how I was going to feel today. I dreaded sitting in a vertical position because I knew that the coughing would begin and the snot would start draining again, which it did. But, all of my symptoms are to a lesser degree today. I have the windows open again and it's still pretty chilly outside but not as cold as yesterday. I'm coughing up a lot of crap now, and still sneezing and have a runny nose, but I have confidence that it is getting better. I've taken another Claritin-D today, but it hasn't seemed to be working the last few days so I'm not sure if today will be any different. I think I'm going to tape and paint the computer room today. I didn't do anything yesterday and that makes me feel like a slacker even though I had a good excuse. I can't let my husband work all day and have me just lay around. Today I don't feel miserable enough for that. Time to eat some breakfast at 1pm. I'm actually hungry today which is a good sign I think!

No comments: