Monday, October 13, 2008

Back in Town!

So, as most of you probably know, I've been out of town for the last ten days. First I went to Tennessee and then to Michigan. The trip went by very quickly but I'm glad to be back. Last night when I came through the front door two of the kitties were waiting at the top of the stairs. When I called for Stumpey, she came running down. And then all of them started getting excited that their momma was finally home. All of them were rubbing me and purring and you could see that they were just so happy. But Skore, she acted the least excited to see me. I guess daddy gave enough affection to her to tide her over. The others took turns laying with me last night. When I fell asleep, Sabrina was laying above my head and Stumpey was laying on top of my chest. Skye tried to lay below Mike's feet, but he kicked him accidentally so he ran away. But as soon as Mike left this morning, Stumpey, Skye and Skore slept with me. Right now, Stumpey and Skye are still laying with me. I need to get up and eat something and start taping off the ceiling in the kitchen and get to painting. The movers are coming back with all of our stuff on Thursday and I'd like to have the kitchen completed by then so at least we'll have a working kitchen again. I can't wait to get my baking utensils!!! Cookies or cake anyone? Pastry perhaps?

OK. Time to eat. Oh, and for those that haven't heard already, I didn't get the DNA job. I did, however, get a call back from a job I didn't even remember applying for 3 months ago. I don't really want it, but I'm going through the phone interview on Wednesday if nothing more than for interview practice. I qualify for this one, but I don't want to continue working in pharmaceuticals, plus this job is in Gaithersburg, MD. It's only 30 miles away, but in this traffic, it would take me an hour and a half to get there every morning and coming home every night. No thank you.

Oh, and while I was away, Mike painted the living room and dining room. It looks really nice. I can't wait to get more paint on the walls and remove the carpet. This place is going to look really good eventually.

No comments: