Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Waiting for the Movers

So I woke up at 7am after going to bed after 1am to be sure I was ready when the movers get here. Supposedly they were supposed to be here at 8am. Well, it's 8:30am and no movers yet. I want to go back to sleep. I have other stuff I need to be doing too like getting my emissions test done on my car and then getting the new title and registration. I guess I'm just being impatient because I'm tired and would rather still be sleeping.

The kitchen only needed one coat of paint so we lucked out. It is pretty much completed now except for some touch-up painting on the ceiling and walls and the trim still needs to be painted, but luckily there's not too much trim in there. It's so messy in there. The floor and counters need a scrubbing badly. Actually, so does the rest of the house. But what's the point when all you are going to do is mess it up again once you start that day's worth of chores. Eventually it will be done and we will be able to relax.

Last night we had a flood. It was in the utility room...AGAIN. This time it was due to the washer hose coming out of the utility sink's drain. Who knows when this happened, but I put in a load of clothes before leaving the house around 4:30pm yesterday. When I got home and went to put the clothes in the dryer, water was EVERYWHERE! I told Michael to bring down a mop...he didn't know why at the time. He said he was going to bring some paper towels! Ha ha! We are lucky we have that drain in the floor in that room because it would have been hell to clean up that mess. It still took some patience, but wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been without a drain. I think we are going to look for a hook or something to attach to the hose and sink so this doesn't happen again.

Well, I will post again later once we get our stuff if it's of any interest. Still no movers as of yet.

No comments: