Friday, September 19, 2008

We REALLY have a house!

We closed on our house in Springfield today! Thank goodness the hotel living is over! Tonight we are going to bring some things to the house from the hotel, including the kitties. I'm not sure if we are going to stay one more night in the hotel or stay on our cots in the new place. That cats did a good job of not destroying too much in the hotel room. Skye ate the telephone cord so we'll need to get a new one tonight to replace it, and they've left quite a bit of fur around the place, but all in all, nothing terrible. We'll do some moderate cleaning in the morning before we leave to assure no extra fees. I'm sure the kitties will be very happy to be able to roam around a house since they've been confined to one room for 3 months now! And they'll get to play with and eat spiders! Yum! I've seen so many spiders crawling around that place it's disgusting. As long as there aren't any poisonous spiders, then I will be happy to let the cats have their fun.

Our phone, internet and cable will be turned on tomorrow night as well. Since we don't have any TVs at the moment (they are all in storage) we won't be using that service just yet, and since we don't own a home phone (I guess we are going to need to purchase one now) we won't be using it just yet either. So, we'll have internet tomorrow night. We are going to be busy working on the house for the next couple of months so not having an extra distraction around will actually be a plus. And not having a TV for the next week for sure will help with my GRE studying. And, now when I stay up late at night studying, I don't have to keep Mike awake which I'm sure he will appreciate.

No comments: