Friday, September 26, 2008

Interview complete and update on house

So I just came back from my interview for DNA analyst 1. I think it went pretty well, though the questions they asked were pretty generic. I wished it had been a little more personal, perhaps the interviewers giving me a little background on themselves prior to me answering questions. I didn't even know one of the interviewer's position within the company until after the interview when she said she had recently been promoted to Supervisor. Oh well. They said they had several interviews but would get back to me next week sometime. The interview process itself was pretty quick. Usually I would think this was a bad sign, but they each had a sheet with identical questions on it and, in total, there were probably only 10 questions to ask. I think I did a fair job on answering the questions. The only one's I had trouble with were the questions that revolved around specific genetic questions. I did the best I could in answering, but I know I wasn't completely thorough in my answers. One question they asked about some extraction process that I had no clue on. But, all in all, I did the best I could. I guess I could have researched more into questions that could have been asked at the interview, but I don't think that would be a make it or break it deal. We will see though. Apparently there are going to be a few positions opening so I guess I have a shot. I know they said that their last two interviews were phone interviews so that could either mean that those people don't live in town yet and they couldn't travel all the way out here for an interview, or they are more qualified than me and they didn't need to see them in person because they already knew they were going to hire them. I guess I will find out next week. I'm quite anxious over this whole thing. Hopefully I'll be able to calm down a little bit and just wait it out until I hear back. I leave next Thursday for TN so hopefully they will get in touch with me before I leave. I'll keep this posted.

As far as the work on the house goes, Mike has been very diligent with painting the last few days. He's done a great job with painting ceilings, taping up walls and painting trim. We still have A LOT to go, but we are moving forward. The kitchen was a big challenge to get cleaned up. It's a nice, updated kitchen, but apparently at some point they had a German Roach infestation as well as a rat in the kitchen. Cleaning out all the cabinets and drawers was disgusting. They had put this goopy brown insect killer in every crevice in every drawer and cabinet. In addition, there was plenty of dead bugs in the drawers, under the drawers, in the cabinets, under the cabinets and everywhere in between. I had a couple breakdowns over the course of a few days continuously cleaning these areas and just finding more and more disgusting things everywhere I looked. It still sickens me. But we brought in an exterminator to keep the problem from reestablishing itself now that there is food in the kitchen again. We had them spray inside and outside the house yesterday, they will come again next month, and then every other month from that point on. Apparently this is their normal schedule that keeps bugs from entering your home. If problems arise in between those times, they will come out also. I hope that as long as we stay proactive about this potential problem, that it won't become one. And, the kitchen is now clean. Except, does anyone know how to move the dishwasher out so we can clean behind it? Apparently there is some old rat poop back there. Yuck. I don't like bugs and I don't like cleaning so fixing up that kitchen was a very unfunny time.

No comments: