Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just another update

So, I still haven't taken even one picture of our house and it's definitely different than it looked even one week ago. I really need to get on the ball. Michael finished painting the trim and most of the ceilings in the upstairs today. He also started puddying in holes that were in the walls. I finished taking off the wall paper in the kitchen. That was a two day project. There is still a little area by the stove that has been stubborn. I'm going to leave it over night and then try again tomorrow, but for the most part, the wallpaper is off. Thank goodness. I would rate wallpaper removal right below cleaning bug poop and brown goop off of cabinets. There is still some trim wallpaper in our bedroom and the whole upstairs and downstairs bathrooms are covered in wallpaper. But I feel somewhat accomplished by removing the wallpaper from the kitchen. One room at a time.

Other than that, we are doing well. Mike went and became an official Virginian today when he got his driver's license, registered his car and registered to vote. We also briefly went to look at trucks. It would be nice to purchase one before my registration runs out on my car October 15. Otherwise, we will be paying for it to be registered and then probably buy another vehicle soon and have to pay the registration fees on it too. We'll see though.

This place is still making me sneezy and it's starting to get to Michael too. I really need to set up a duct cleaning appointment. I think it will be much better once those get cleaned out and we are fairly dust free.

No comments: