Friday, September 5, 2008

The Friday before the storm

So tonight Tropical Storm/Hurricane Hanna is supposed to hit somewhere near Wilmington. I'm sure our house will be fine and there won't be too much damage except for a fallen tree here or there. (Hopefully NOT the tree in our backyard though.) Then, possibly Hurricane Ike. Let's hope that one doesn't come anywhere near the coast, but I think they are pretty sure it's going to hit somewhere on America's shores. I think we will have sold our place to the company, Cartus, that is handling Exxon's buying of our place by then. I wouldn't want to risk our house being blown away during that strong storm and having to deal with all the mess of insurance companies, etc. And, we, thankfully, will not have to evacuate for anything since we live 250 miles away! We are supposed to get some strong storms up here tomorrow as well, but I can handle a storm or two.

We don't have any update on the house we have a contract on except that, as of yesterday, the owner of the house (aka the bank) has not yet officially approved the cost of the repairs caused by the leak in the pipe. This means that water has been standing in the utility room in our basement for over a week now. I haven't been back in there since Thursday when we found the leak, but I can only assume when the contractor went in there to assess the damage, he did not do any cleaning up of it at that time. This is not good news. Also, since we didn't close on the place at the original time we had planned, our interest rate has run out. This would actually be a good thing since today it was quoted at 6%, 0.25% less than what we were locked in at, but they cannot lock in another rate for another 30 days OR we can pay $60/day to hold that rate. The company told us they would pay for 10 days of extension fees but that we would have to cover the rest. I highly doubt we will have closed in 10 days from now. At this rate, we will not have closed by the end of the month. We are semi-stuck right now and I am personally pretty frustrated. I mean, I've been through the process of buying a house before, and I know there are almost always issues that arise, but we have been faced with the epitome of problems from day one out here. MY CATS NEED A HOUSE!!

To close, I sent my transcripts off to the company I wrote about yesterday so I'm one step closer to an interview. I still don't expect one, but I'm going to try my hardest to get one. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then be let down. I also did some more petting of the kitties and I sang the song "Maria" from the West Side Story to Sabrina today replacing her name every time the name Maria came up in the song. I think she liked it. Not sure what tonight will hold, but I'm pretty certain it won't be too entertaining.

Bu-bye.

No comments: