Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving has come and gone

It's the Friday after Thanksgiving. Mike and I had a good meal yesterday afternoon and then again later in the evening. We still have leftovers, but I expect they will mostly be gone by tomorrow. We really didn't have too much extra stuff like I had originally expected. Boy how nauseous I was after eating the second time last night. I couldn't drink another cup of eggnog because I was afraid I would puke. I ate a few Tums in hopes that my stomach would feel better but it really didn't help. I was afraid to even lay down but, once sleep did decide to take over, I felt OK. Turned out that laying down, for whatever reason, made my stomach feel better. By this morning I wasn't nauseous anymore. I ate breakfast and felt fine, but by the time I ate lunch (a banana and peanut butter and a slice of leftover pumpkin roll) I felt nauseous again. I don't know what it is but it's annoying. Anyways, I'm feeling OK right now so I don't think I'll eat any leftovers for dinner tonight.



Today for "Black Friday" Michael went to Home Depot and picked up a normally $200 Christmas tree for $49. Then, we went and looked at mattresses for our bed. It's getting very difficult for me to sleep in the one we currently have. It bends in toward the middle, whenever Mike moves at night I wake up, the cats take up most of the left side of the bed so I'm stuck in the middle and it gets really hot...the list goes on and on. So, after doing some searching and laying on beds, the Tempurpedic mattress was the winner. We found a place that will sell us the Advantage model box spring and mattress for our queen sized bed for $1299. That is a really great deal! We came home, did some more researching and couldn't find a place to beat that price. I think we are going to get it. They have a zero percent finance option that we'll go with so we can pay it off over time. It will be SO nice to have a new bed that I will actually want to sleep in at night. The couch has gotten to be more and more of my favorite place to sleep lately.


In addition to mattress shopping, we also purchased 3 used Wii games at GameStop for $30. They were having a deal, Buy 2 Get 1 free! So we now have more entertainment at home to keep us from doing the things we should be doing...like working on our house.

No comments: