Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday night in Springfield

So today Michael and I stayed in bed pretty much all day. We got up and ate a make shift breakfast (mine consisted of 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 cookies I made earlier this week and his was some nasty ramen noodle dish). Then Mike went and took a nap...so I watched TV in bed. Then, several hours later when he woke up, I continued to watch more TV in bed. It wasn't until around 4 or so that I finally got up and took a shower. Then we finally went out to dinner and used a buy one get one free coupon at a Thai restaurant in Vienna, VA. It was a very yummy dinner. Afterwards we went to REI and looked around for pants for Michael (didn't find any) then to the grocery store. We spent $144 on stuff for the week including stuff for Thanksgiving. And we're not done yet! I still have to go to Trader Joe's tomorrow and get a few more things. For just the two of us, we are going to have quite an extensive menu. So far I've decided to make a butternut squash ravioli in a sage butter sauce, asparagus, mashed potatoes, corn, pumpkin roll and eggnog. I'm sure I'll decide we need something else before the day actually is here. Lots of leftovers I see coming on! I'm thinking we are going to be feasting.

So, to go back in time, yesterday we went to see Louis C.K. the comedian in DC. He was really funny. Usually live comedian acts are somewhat humorous, but not that laugh out loud kind of funny. But this guy made me laugh out loud for at least half of the show. Apparently he is well known although I had never heard of him before. He's been on the comedy channel so he must be someone I should know. I know him now. And I would go to see him again if that opportunity ever presented itself.

Well, it's 11:30p, Mike is sitting next to me on the couch with Stumpey sleeping on his lap and the TV is on, but it's only background noise for me. I guess I'll be signing off for now and giving a big shout out to Dominic! Miss you!!

No comments: