Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Burr...it's cold outside! Good thing I didn't leave the house today!

For those of you that actually read this, I'm sorry I have been so slack lately in updating. My father was in town from last Wednesday until this morning and we've been busy with renovations. A huge thanks goes out to him for everything that he helped us with this past week! I'm lucky to have a dad that is willing to work so hard to help out his daughter!

The upstairs of the house is pretty much complete now. We still need to rearrange furniture and put face plates back on outlets, and in one room the baseboards still need to be painted, but for the most part, everything is complete. Michael starts his Thanksgiving break on Friday so for the next week after then, we'll be working to get the house feeling like a home. I will say, it's pretty close right now. I will take pictures once everything is put together. We need to start looking for blinds and window treatments now. I will admit I'm not looking forward to moving on to the downstairs. It's so cold and dreary down there. I want to stay where it's warm and cozy but we will have to start on it sometime.

Today I took off from working on anything. I feel a little cold coming on and I just felt like laying around all day. Oh, and playing the Wii. Dad bought us a second controller and a charging station and then I ordered a game called Magnetica Twist online for the Wii. I played that stupid game for over 7 hours today! It's so addictive. That's the same game that I played at my dad's house when I was there in October. And I stayed up until 2-3 in the morning two nights in a row because I couldn't stop! And one of those days I had to get up at 5am to get ready to go to the airport!! It's fun and addictive and now my eyes are dry and my shoulder is sore from the position I was in. But it was worth it!

OK. I guess that's the update for now. I'll try and get back in the swing of things and update this more often...for those that actually care.