Monday, November 10, 2008

Cold Monday...

The weather has been pretty nice here for the last week and a half but not today. Although I haven't stepped outside, I've seen my thermometer and it is only 51 degrees and it's already almost noon. Burr! Tonight the low is going to be 33. I don't like this stuff at all.

Yesterday Mike and I cleaned up all the leaves around the outside of our property. We have a lot of trees around which is really nice, but the leaves they leave behind are not so nice to rake up during fall. It didn't take us as long as I expected, only a few hours, but we now have 10 bags full of grass clippings and leaves ready to be picked up on Wednesday. The yard looks much better than it did and in the process, we discovered we may have deer that cross our backyard sometimes as there was new deer-looking poop back there. Kind of cute!

Today I am very allergenic again. I think it may be from the yard work yesterday. My eyes are really itchy, my nose is running and I keep sneezing. I'm so tired of being allergic to everything around here. I hope I get used to the climate and environment so that I don't have to live like this forever.

For those that read my blog, you will know how I've had jaw issues for over a week now. As an update, my jaw is much better. It is still popping a little when I eat certain foods or move my jaw a certain direction, but it doesn't hurt like it did and the popping is minimal. So, I have to say that it has improved dramatically. I'm still not sure what caused the problem, but I have to go with the way I sleep on my pillow coupled with me eating a half of a bag of Sour Patch Kids. I think I may have just strained it too much and it needed time to heal. Now, I can eat fairly normally and I can also kiss my cats again, which is the most important part!

Tonight Brendan James is going to be headlining for his MTV tour at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA. Mike and I went to see him a few months ago when he was still a very new artist, and now he's coming back with MTV's backing. Pretty cool. I was planning to go as Vienna is only about 10-15 minutes away, but now I'm thinking otherwise. Mike said last night that he didn't want to go and, although I don't mind going alone, I don't know if I want to go with it being so cold outside, my being allergic to everything, and going by myself tonight. We will see what tonight brings.

I'm having an urge to bake some homemade cinnamon rolls or some other goodies. I also need to figure out what I'm going to make for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll give in and make some pesto pasta...Mike's personal favorite. It's not hard to make, but it takes SO much prep work in pulling off every basil leaf, making sure there aren't any bugs crawling around then grinding them up with your pine nuts that you've previously toasted, olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese. It is the Marine Corps birthday today so maybe I should delight him with his favorite meal to celebrate. I mean, I didn't have to go to any stupid ball this year with him, so I guess that would be the least I could do.

No comments: