Friday, November 7, 2008

Wild Friday nights!

So today I went to Home Depot. I got some more semi-gloss paint, another roller, some furniture sliders and a cable cord. Then I made a trip to PetSmart and got the kitties some new food (usually they get Science Diet Sensitive Stomach), Royal Canine Sensitive Stomach, and some kitty litter. The Royal Canine is a better quality brand so hopefully it will do well with Skore's awful intestinal track and they'll still like the taste.

Once I got home, I decided that a veggie burger was going to be dinner tonight. So, I cut up some potatoes into wedges, tossed them with some olive oil, black pepper, cajun seasoning, blackening seasoning, paprika and cayenne pepper and baked them for a half hour at 425 degrees turning them half way through. In addition, I sauteed up some mushrooms and spinach and added them to my burger. If I had any onion in the house, I would have sauteed that up as well. My meal was wonderful! I went for the American meal tonight and it paid off!

In another note, my jaw is getting better day by day. I still don't know for sure what caused the problem, but it's been about a week now, and finally it's starting to heal. I have an idea that the way I sleep on my face may be the problem though. I'm always sleeping on my left side of my face when Michael is in the bed because that is the opposite direction from him. I'm pretty certain that I sleep where my jaw is pushed out to the right side. Maybe over time it just caught up to me. Anyways, over the past couple days I've been VERY careful about not moving my mouth except when absolutely necessary and not chewing anything that required a lot of force. After two days of that routine, I'm finally getting to the point where I can open my mouth again and not hear too much of a pop. It's still bothering me a little bit, but SO much better than it was just a few days ago. So, looks like I won't need to go to the doctor. Usually I'm pretty good about healing myself. And I think this isn't going to be any exception to the rule.

Yep...that's what I do on a Friday night. Go to Home Depot and eat dinner at home. At least I can gloat that Skye is sleeping beside me. What a cute little boy!

1 comment:

Chris Lightner said...

you are hilarious. you sleep on your face! :)