Friday, December 5, 2008

So I slept...

I slept on the bed last night. It was nice, but now the pillows are really uncomfortable. I'm not sure if this is due to the mattress being so much firmer now that the pillows feel too soft or that using the Tempurpedic pillow that I have makes my spine get out of alignment now more than ever. Whatever the reason, I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. And before waking up so early, I was waking up and falling back asleep more often than normal. The bed was definitely not the culprit. The bed itself was very comfortable. But because the cats choose to sleep to my left side and force me to sleep on a diagonal between them and Mike, that causes contortions that I shouldn't have to deal with in bed. One positive about last night that I must mention is that no matter how many times Mike twisted and turned, I didn't feel him. Also, he wasn't leaning towards me all night and making me slide in towards the middle. And I got up a few times after 3:30am when I couldn't get back to sleep. He said he didn't feel me get up once. It's a great bed! Now I just need to get some great pillows to match...and train the cats to sleep at my feet or on my chest or stomach. At least that way I can sleep on my back and not have to sleep crooked.

No comments: