Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Got a new pillow...ahh...

So we bought an inexpensive Extra Firm Martha Stewart pillow from K-Mart on sale for $6.99, and since I've been sleeping on it, bedtime has been grand! With that wonderful bed plus a new pillow, I love going to sleep at night! The only complaint I have is that Stumpey still takes up too much of the bed. She still snuggles up so close to me on my left and then, as the night continues on, she'll stretch out where I'll end up in the middle of the bed sweltering hot and Michael directly in my face to my right side. I will never kick her off the bed as I know she just loves being near me at all times of the day (and it IS really cute), but it does make sleeping uncomfortable. Sabrina lays at the end of the bed beneath my feet and although she doesn't cause too many problems with my nighttime, occasionally I'll have to straddle her body so I don't kick her. So, that adds slightly to the nighttime blunders as well. But, again, I love them being near so I shouldn't complain.

My allergies have been on the haywire again. I made an appointment to go to the doctor tomorrow. I would like to get allergy tested to see exactly what may be causing me so many problems in this house, but my primary care physician said they will check me out first and if my problems still don't cease after they treat me, then they'll refer me to an allergist. In addition to all my sneezing, runny nose, coughing, itchy eyes and now itchy throat, I've been feeling nauseated on and off for about a month now and I've been burping a lot which is something I rarely did before. At first I thought it was something I ate, then the next week I thought I just ate too much from Thanksgiving, then, when the problems persisted, and earlier this week I actually threw up, I decided to research my symptoms online. I've found that allergies can cause all of my stomach issues as well. So, that is ultimately why I ended up making a doctor's appointment. I'm tired of sneezing and coughing all the time, but more so than that, I don't like thinking I may puke at any moment. The PCP will probably just prescribe me some allergy medicine which probably won't work any better than my Claritin-D has been lately and I'll end up having to go to the allergist after all. We will see and I'll keep this posted as I find out more. I'm tired of feeling like crap all the time!

No comments: