Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm getting worse and worse about updating this thing

So here it is. The beginning of June and I haven't posted since May 22. I'm becoming such a slacker. But I guess this just isn't the highest thing on my priority list of things to do. Number one, calculated by the amount of time I spend doing things throughout the day, must be sitting on the couch searching the internet while the TV is on in the background. Next in priority would be feeding the feral kitties. And last (and sometimes is VERY far down at the bottom) would be taking a shower. Yes. I am a busy woman these days!



Newest thing to report: I'm leaving for New York City tomorrow afternoon. I got tickets to see Dave Matthews Band on the Today Show this Friday, June 5, so I'll be making the trip out there for this once in a lifetime opportunity. I hope they put me in close proximity to the guys, but with my luck, I'll probably be in the back behind all the tall people. But at least I will be able to say that I was there. Michael will be joining me on Friday night and then we are going to stay the weekend. I'm not sure exactly what we are going to do just yet, but I think heading to Central Park and going to the "Top of the Rock" (top of the Rockefeller building) will be on the list. I'd also like to indulge in some yummy food since we will be in one of the best cities for wonderful cuisine. There are numerous vegetarian restaurants around, so hopefully I'll get to dine in at least one of those as well. We'd like to go to a Broadway show, but tickets are about $125 each. Michael said he heard that if you go to the ticket booth the day of the show, tickets are half off so we may try that. If not, an Off-Broadway show would be fine with me. I just have to pack something nice to wear.



The EA Sports Active that I mentioned in my last post I'm still using...and it's still changing things up daily and kicking my butt. On Monday it made me do swats and hold them. OUCH! My legs were shaking! I could use some more upper body tension though, as the workout band they sent with the program just isn't tight enough for most of the upper body exercises for me, but I've been trying to double it up so it gives a little bit of a tougher workout. When they make me punch the punching bag though, I'm definitely out of breath. It's a great program and I really recommend it to anyone who has a Wii and is looking to workout at home. And if you have a Balance Board from the Wii Fit, they will incorporate some routines using that. I don't have one so I don't know how they would change things up, but they somehow utilize the board.



I just bought a new set of luggage at K-Mart on-sale for 50% off of $100. It's a three piece set, and I'm sure it's fairly cheaply made, but it will do the job. On my last trip up to Michigan, my smaller luggage got ripped on the side so you can stick your hand through it. So yes, I needed a new one. I could have just bought a small luggage, but those were $25 a piece. I figured, for another $25, I can get two more bags with it. And we'll be needing more bags for our trip to Costa Rica as well.

So, I'm off for now. I'm sure I will write after getting back from Manhattan. Oh, and we are staying at the Westin in Times Square so we will be right in the middle of the action! I'm looking forward to the trip!

No comments: