Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's raining and cool

Skye is sitting on top of the cat tower cleaning himself by the open window. Surprisingly, that is the only cat I can see at this time. Usually there are at least 3 in my view. I guess all of the kitties are utilizing the open windows to sit and watch the outdoor life.

It's raining steadily outside but it's a nice streaming rain. It's not very windy and there is no thunder or lightning so I can definitely put up with this kind of rain. With the windows open, and no wind, water is not getting everywhere inside. And it would have been a shame to have to use A/C in high 60 degree weather. I am dreading going outside to feed the ferals today though. It's always so muddy and wet when it's been raining in their feeding spots. The one positive though, will be that the mosquitoes will not be out right now. Tomorrow though, they'll be out in full force. I've been having to use mosquito repellent everyday before going out there lately. And I still come back with at least 2 bites. They usually end up on my upper thighs, face or neck where I don't cover well enough. The cats are worth it though.

I'm on my last week of the 30 day challenge on the Wii EA Sports Active. I am definitely feeling stronger since beginning but the only complaint I really have is that they don't focus on the abdominal muscles at all. They do some standing crunches, but not enough to really have any effect. (Which brings me to something I was just trying to grasp a little better. When do I use Effect vs. Affect? I'm usually pretty good with my grammar usage, but these two really give me grief. Apparently, Affect is usually used as a verb and Effect is usually used as a noun. Does that mean that I used Effect correctly in the last sentence? I'm still confused.) I'm going to start using my ab ball I bought a couple months ago tomorrow in addition to my Wii workout. I decided on tomorrow to be the start date so that I will have exactly one month before my trip to Costa Rica to get my abs back in better shape. Oh, and after the 30 day challenge is completed, there are hundreds of other exercises you can continue to follow each day. I haven't tried any of them yet, but from online reviews I've read, they seem to be just as good. Now if I can just get my ankles feeling better.

Stumpey just tried to get on the top of the cat tower. She jumped up the side and saw Skye, then settled on the second tier. She is now cleaning herself by the open window while Skye sleeps. I love my cats.

No comments: