Friday, May 22, 2009

Exhausting few weeks behind me

The last few weeks have definitely kept me busy. This has been the first week to relax a bit in quite some time. After my MI and Wilmington trips, Dad came into town to help us redue our downstairs bathroom. All last week we worked on that thing (I should say he worked on it while I stared at him for the most part). We had a ton of little set backs everyday, but with all those setbacks came my renewed my Home Depot knowledge. I was beginning to forget which aisle had plumbing stuff in it versus which one had caulk. Ah, Home Depot. The bathroom is still not 100% completed, but all of our problems have now been resolved and it's just a matter of completely finishing it. I still need to put a second coat of paint on the walls, seal the new grout on the shower tiles, paint the ceiling white, install a new medicine cabinet/mirror and put in towel rods. All in all, not too bad. I'll have to take pictures when it's all completed. I have to say I'm pretty proud of how nice that bathroom looks now. It was so disgusting before that I never even wanted to step foot in there.

My 29th birthday was last Saturday. It has now come and gone. It was a fairly uneventful day. I went and took care of the kitties at Petsmart and then Mike took me to a vegetarian restaurant for lunch. We came home, Mike napped and then we went to eat at a vegetarian Indian restaurant for dinner. Then we came home and went to bed. Yep...pretty uneventful.
Yesterday I received the just released EA Sports Active game for the Wii in the mail. This game is all about working out and getting in shape. You pick a personal trainer and they work with you 5 days a week doing an assortment of circuit training routines. So far, my trainer's been kicking my butt. Both yesterday and today I've sweated a good amount, been out of breath, and felt my muscles really work. Today I'm a little sore in places. I think tomorrow is a "rest" day, but I'm looking forward to Sunday's workout. I'm taking the "30 Day Challenge" and during that time you are supposed to burn some allotted number of calories, workout for so much time and I would guess most people would lose weight. I'm not interested in the last part; I just want to get back in shape. I'm tired of my muscles being weak and my fat taking over.

We just bought our plane tickets to Costa Rica in July. We are going to be there from July 18-July 25 to visit my sister, her husband, my nephew and my soon-to-be-here nephew or niece. Jamie's been living there since last September and I'm pretty certain she'll be excited to see some family. Dad is also coming along so it should be a good time. We've rented an apartment on the beach south of where Jamie is living so the drive to her place won't be too much fun, but it will be doable. And my EA Sports Active will get my body a little more prepared for the beach.

(PS...I guess those picture at the top should have been on my previous post since they are from Wilmington and Michigan, but I didn't have them uploaded to my computer yet so they are a post late...sorry)

No comments: