Friday, February 20, 2009

New Orleans bound

Tomorrow afternoon we leave for New Orleans for 5 days. I'll be back on Thursday morning and Mike will be home Thursday evening. I'm looking forward to being in warmer weather for a few days even though they are calling for rain while we are down there. I'm also looking forward to trying a King Cake (which was promised to me by my husband 3 years ago and I still haven't gotten that gift yet) and also eating a beignet at Cafe du Monde. The last time I ate there, I was 19 years old. Maybe I'll even go so far to have a cup of Cafe au Lait as well. On Saturday night, we are going to the House of Blues to see Better Than Ezra and on Monday afternoon, Cowboy Mouth is playing a free concert at some restaurant. Those are the only two definite plans we have as of now. Mike has to work starting on Wednesday and he has a dinner he must attend on Tuesday night so I'll be fending for myself on those days. I'm sure I will find plenty of things to do especially if the weather is right and I'm able to walk around the French Quarter without rain pummeling me.

So now that I've been procrastinating all morning, I have lots of stuff to do before tomorrow morning. Since I have to take care of the Petsmart kitties Saturday morning, I have to prepare for the trip tonight. I need to feed the ferals, I need to go to Petsmart and get some supplies for my kitties and fish, I need to pick up a refill for my nose spray, I need to pack as much as I can, I need to wash my coat (it has some weird looking white stuff on it....makes me wonder if I got pooped on by some birds sometime), I need to vacuum and clean up a bit and I'm going to try and use up any perishable foods in the refrigerator for dinner tonight. With this last thing on my list of to-do's, I'm going to be baking a buttermilk pound cake. I figure, I can at least bring it with us on the plane and eat it next week in New Orleans if nothing else. I'm sure there are more things to do that will come up as I'm doing everything else.

OK...I'm going to start on the list of things. The first thing that must happen is move Skye off of my lap (he seems to spend the majority of the day there now-a-days), take a shower and get to feeding the ferals. I wouldn't mind a nap right about now either but I guess that needs to wait.

No comments: