Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here I am again...way behind on my updates

OK. The last time I wrote I was on the way to bury my fish. I did this in the backyard and felt really sad about his loss. I feel better now though and hope I buried him deep enough that no wild animals will come and dig him up. I put a rock over the dirt so hopefully that will be enough.

Since last Monday, I have been feeding the two colonies of feral kitties out here. It's hard to call them all "feral" because I'm pretty certain that at least a few of them could be tamed. But, they are all spayed and neutered and seem happy enough outside with their buddies. It's just a shame there are so many unwanted animals that need homes. PEOPLE...SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!!!

This Saturday was the second time I went to Petsmart and cleaned the kitty cages and played with all the cats. They also had a special adoption fair for Valentine's Day, so for 4 hours, the cats that normally reside at Petsmart were open to the public, and about 6 other kitties in foster homes were also brought out to be shown. We had 3 kitties adopted that day. Every Sunday they hold another adoption fair and that next day 3 more were adopted. It makes me happy to know that these cats are finding homes, even if it is a slow process.

So, for Valentine's Day I got Michael a necktie that is a base of blue and has small Marine Corps logos in gold all around it. He's been wanting a Marine Corps tie to wear on Marine Corps special days, and I think this was a surprise to him. I think he likes it, but, since he can't tie a tie, he hasn't worn it yet. I need to get him that tie that has the directions to "how to tie a tie" printed on it. I think he'd still ask me to do it for him though.

Michael made me a play a Jeopardy game show all about me and him. I think he spent a long time on all the questions and creating the game, so that was cute. Unfortunately, I did very poorly on the "game show" and only got about 25% correct. The questions were ridiculously difficult. One in particular was to name ALL the cars he's ever owned. I think I did pretty well with the 5 I named correctly, but this wasn't good enough for a "correct" answer in his rules. He also wanted me to name ALL his roommates from TBS. I didn't even know he had more than one! And the one guy I could remember has a crazy name (Chigqueta sp?). I couldn't remember the guys name, but I remember his face which I think is more important anyways. I'm not good with names.

Since Saturday I don't have any exciting news to reveal. I think today, after I feed the ferals, I am going to wash some clothes and clean the fish tank. Oh, I did receive 10 free guppies last week from a guy whose parent guppies had 75 babies!!! So, my tank is really filling up! I need to set up that bigger one so that I have more room. We haven't decided where to put it as of yet though.

No comments: