Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring or Summer...which one already?

The temperatures we've been experiencing here have been insane. Last week we started out in the 50's and 60's. Then on Saturday we hit 91! Sunday through Tuesday were also in the high 80's/low 90's. Today, high 50's and rain. Come on weather...make up your mind! I'm all for some summer weather but I don't like being taunted by summer only to fall back to spring the next day.

Mike and I did take full advantage of the hot weather this weekend. On Sunday, we woke up bright and early and left the house at around 6:30am. Then we drove to Bethany Beach, Delaware about 2.5 hours away. We set up on the beach and stayed there until a little after 4pm. It was great! The weather was awesome, there were no clouds in the sky, there was just a small breeze and there weren't too many people around. The only draw back was that the water was still too cold to go into. I didn't even dip my feet in, but Mike said that it was COLD. And I took his word for it.

This coming up weekend we head to Wilmington for a quick weekend trip. I really want to see two of my friends in particular: Paul and Kilby. If I get to see anyone else while there that would be great, but those two I would like to definitely say hi to in person. Unfortunately, my good friend Kilby's grandmother was in the process of dying this morning so he told me that he probably wasn't going to be in town this weekend due to her funeral in Wake Forest area. It's unfortunate, but I guess that just gives me an excuse to go down there again fairly soon and enjoy some more beach time! I think that our main goal while in Wilmington is to go to the beach and for Mike to surf. I doubt I'll get in the water, but I always welcome a tan. And last weekend made for a good base for this weekend coming up.

Here are some pictures from last weekend.

No comments: