Friday, January 16, 2009

Thank Goodness It's Friday

Michael comes back into town tonight since he went to Houston on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to his return. We are going to play some board games this weekend to try and keep busy without having to leave the house. Since we don't have any money to spend and the weather is too cold to do anything outside, I think we will try to make the best of it inside. Maybe I'll make some homemade hot chocolate or something. I used to do that as a kid in the crock pot. I'll have to find a recipe for that one again. It's been a long time!

With being alone the last couple days, I have accomplished a few things. On Wednesday, I broke down a bunch of boxes and gave them to some people that are moving and needed boxes. (The downside to this is now I have a room full of packing paper that will just need to be put into the recycling bin over the next few weeks until it is gone. It's a good thing we don't really go downstairs much because it is pretty much covered in paper.) I've cleaned up the kitchen and bathroom and put some stuff away that needed to be put "in it's place" (although I don't think I've found this "place", I just put them in "a" place away from public view). I even cleaned the litter box. I still need to vacuum, but I plan to do that here in a few minutes after I eat some dinner. So at least a little bit was done over the course of the last 3 days of me sitting in the house.

Yesterday it was so windy (and it was garbage day) that the garbage bins kept being knocked over by the wind. In addition, it was around 20 degrees. I kept having to run outside, upright the garbage cans and then run back inside. After the 4th time doing this, I gave up and figured, if I was at work then I wouldn't even have known about the situation and the cans would have stayed down the first time. I'm pretty certain some packing paper flew down the street which I feel a little guilty about, but I just didn't have any other alternative. In addition, I also put some broken down cardboard boxes out there and they kept flying into the street. I'm pretty certain I managed to keep them all on our property though until the recycling people came to get them.

Well, little Skore just jumped up on me and laid down so I think that's my cue to get off here and start paying attention to her. The cats are number one remember.

No comments: